Patent Lens is a worldwide, open-access, free full-text patent informatics
resource. It serves as the cyberinfrastructure platform for
the Initiative for Open Innovation
(IOI). Why are we doing this?
- Landscapes are 'interpretation maps' that analyze volumes of specialized
patent, scientific, technical and business data around particular topics into a
more navigable form.
Transparency of the worldwide patent system must be an international public
good; This is your resource, and we need your help to
keep it open and free.
- Patent search interface in Chinese (中文), English, Russian
(Русский), and French.
- Full text of PCT applications now searchable in Chinese, English, French,
German, Japanese, Korean, Russian and Spanish.
- Full text of EPO patents now searchable in English, French and German.
- Search for lapsed, abandoned or expired US Patents.
- Visualize Patent Families with new graphical trees as PDFs.
- Patent Landscapes on
Rice Genome and
Protein & DNA Sequence searching of over 80
million sequences from worldwide patent collections.
Cambia Patent Lens, USA
October 28, 2013
A 16th-century Dutchman can tell us everything we need to know about GMO patents
Cambia Patent Lens, Australia
February 25, 2013
The improved facility is here, check out the new features and update your bookmark
The Global Journal, USA
January 23, 2013
New Scientist magazine, USA
January 12, 2013
The hologenome theory of evolution, and its development by Cambia CEO Richard Jefferson, featured in the January 12th Cover Story of New Scientist magazine
Nature Biotechnology editorial, May 2006 (info)
The ability to interpret and filter intellectual property (IP) has never
been more important...CAMBIA's Patent Lens is a giant leap in the right
Red Herring Cover-story and editorial, April 17,
Patent transparency is the lifeblood of the new open source"
-Influential IT mag features CAMBIA's role in changing the face of life
» More News/Press items...