TransBacter is a new method of gene transfer for plants - or indeed any eukaryotic organism - using bacterial species outside the genus Agrobacterium. TransBacter is designed to be a work-around to the many patents covering Agrobacterium transformation and thus aims to overcome the current IP restrictions to the commercialization of products created using bacteria-mediated gene transformation in plants.
What is available in this project?
- Transbacter Overview
- How do I access/use/obtain this technology?
- What TransBacter materials are available?
- Detailed Description and Protocols
- Recommended Reading - Journal articles which are relevant to the TransBacter project
- Frequently Asked Questions - Obtaining and Using TransBacter Strains
Please visit the Cambia materials website to download the request form for the use of Transbacter. For non-profit and research organisations transbacter strains cost US$250 for the first strain and US$75.00 for each additional strain (+ shipping). If you wish to execute a license for the use of materials, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.