Patent Lens is a worldwide, open-access, free full-text patent informatics
resource. It serves as the cyberinfrastructure platform for
the Initiative for Open Innovation
(IOI). Why are we doing this?
- Landscapes are 'interpretation maps' that analyze volumes of specialized
patent, scientific, technical and business data around particular topics into a
more navigable form.
Transparency of the worldwide patent system must be an international public
good; This is your resource, and we need your help to
keep it open and free.
- Patent search interface in Chinese (中文), English, Russian
(Русский), and French.
- Full text of PCT applications now searchable in Chinese, English, French,
German, Japanese, Korean, Russian and Spanish.
- Full text of EPO patents now searchable in English, French and German.
- Search for lapsed, abandoned or expired US Patents.
- Visualize Patent Families with new graphical trees as PDFs.
- Patent Landscapes on
Rice Genome and
Protein & DNA Sequence searching of over 80
million sequences from worldwide patent collections.
December 13, 2013
December 11, 2013
An open-source patent database highlights the need for more transparency worldwide.
December 7, 2013
Nature Biotechnology, USA
December 6, 2013
The Supreme Court's decision in Myriad highlights the need for tools enabling nuanced and precise analysis of gene patents at the global level.
Nature Biotechnology editorial, May 2006 (info)
The ability to interpret and filter intellectual property (IP) has never
been more important...CAMBIA's Patent Lens is a giant leap in the right
Red Herring Cover-story and editorial, April 17,
Patent transparency is the lifeblood of the new open source"
-Influential IT mag features CAMBIA's role in changing the face of life
» More News/Press items...